Real Techniques Cleansing Brush Gel


I did it again...I went into Boots to look at hair dye and some how, I ended up leaving with almost 30 quids worth of stuff, how I don't know.. but it happened.

Whilst roaming the isles of Boots I stumbled across something that I'd never seen before, which was the Real Techniques Cleansing Brush Gel £7.50 for 150MLS, I picked it up and honestly I'd never even seen or heard of it and I immediately threw it into my basket.


                             

The £7.50 for brush shampoo did but doubts in my mind, because I love nothing more than plain old 80p Johnston's Baby Shampoo, but I thought for a change I would give this a go and if I didn't like it.. I mean I'll use it and it won't go to waste. 


I love the Real Techniques brush line, I think it's amazing for such an affordable price and they really do perform the same, if not better than my Mac or Chanel brushes. But in saying that, the one thing that really bugs me about them, is the brush hairs are all synthetic which is great because they're not harming any animals.. but because of the material it soaks up liquids and I find it almost impossible to get them 100% clean, even after washing them with Fairy Liquid, Olive Oil, Hair Shampoo, Rubbing Alcohol, I still felt there was still some left over foundation at the bottom of my brushes.




This is where this product comes in perfectly. The first time I used it, I cleaned my Mac 187 brush, and all that needed was the smallest amount and it was squeaky clean almost immediately, but that is a really easy brush to clean anyway, so I then reached for my RT Cheek brush, which is almost impossible to clean even at the best of times. I used a little blob, ran it under hot water and cleaned it in the palm of my hand in circular motions and I was so pleased! It stripped all the crap out of the brush within seconds, I thought it was a miracle!


Whether or not you think £7.50 is a small fortune for brush shampoo, or an absolute bargain.. I totally recommend this all the way. I will only be using this on brushes that are difficult to clean eg. Cream/Liquid Foundation & Concealers, other than that I'll be sticking to good old Johnston's.

Jack x

makeupbyjack

Phasellus facilisis convallis metus, ut imperdiet augue auctor nec. Duis at velit id augue lobortis porta. Sed varius, enim accumsan aliquam tincidunt, tortor urna vulputate quam, eget finibus urna est in augue.

No comments:

Post a Comment

MakeupByJack©. Powered by Blogger.